MrKingAlexxx Music Club
@mrkingalexx Music Club on Facebook
Link: Click here to visit & join
Glory is out Now
|Brand: VIP Private Show
Tag line: "Be a VIP"
|TOUR: Vegas (USA)
Tickets: Official link
Follow us #britneyarmy
pics Britney shared from Japan
Listen to "Toxic" in all its polished glory, for comparison.
Some fun facts..
1. The film script was written by Shonda Rhimes, who went on to write Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and How To Get Away With Murder.
2. And it was produced by Ann Carli, who had just left Jive Records, Britney's label, to start a career in film. It was her who suggested Britney should be cast in the lead role.
3. Carli had seen Britney perform on SNL, and she thought Britney had the potential to have an acting career like Will Smith.
4. When Carli approached Clive Calder, her former boss and the founder of Jive Records, about casting Britney, he offered to front the film's $10 million budget.Paramount Pictures
5. Together, Rhimes and Carli approached Tamra Davis, asking her to direct the film. They wanted a female director because Britney was only 19-years-old and they wanted to make sure she was looked after.
6. When she was approached, Davis was in the middle of negotiations for another film. She changed her mind and signed up to Crossroads when she met Britney and realised how smart and funny she was.
7. Davis went to see Britney perform in Vegas and was struck by how powerful she was. She said, "I loved watching her [be] in the center of this circle, and there wasn't a guy in there telling her what to do. She was in command of the whole thing."
8. Throughout the film the lead characters drink Pepsi, not Coca-Cola. This is because Britney had a Pepsi sponsorship deal.
9. We also see a bottle of Herbal Essences shampoo in the film. Britney had a sponsorship deal with them too.
10. Britney was criticised for walking past fans at the London premiere of Crossroads. Her management claim that it was for her own safety.
11. Britney was involved in the casting of Ben, her lead man. The process involved her kissing lots of auditionees.
12. Anson Mount, who was chosen to play Ben, was initially reluctant to take the part. He was talked into it by his City By The Sea co-star Robert De Niro who was a huge fan of Britney.
13. De Niro even read lines with Mount.
14. Upon meeting Britney, Anson said there was an immediate physical attraction.
15. At the beginning of the film, Jamie Lynn Spears, Britney's younger sister, plays a young Britney.b
16. Crossroads was originally called What Friends Are For.
17. Britney asked for some of the original script's profanities to be removed.
18. Zoe Saldana flew to California to audition on her agent's air miles.
19. The hospital scenes in the film were shot in the same hospital set as Scrubs.
20. At one point in the movie, the three leading ladies sing "Bye Bye Bye" by NSYNC. This was in reference to the fact that Britney was dating Justin Timberlake.
21. During rehearsals, Davis asked Britney to doodle in her notebook as though she were Lucy. She simple wrote "Britney and Justin" over and over again and covered her book in butterflies and hearts.
22. Kim Cattrall, who plays Samantha in Sex And The City, plays Britney's mother in the film. When she found out, Britney was really excited because she used to watch Sex And The City with her friends.
23. And Cattrall said that her Sex And The City co-stars were thrilled for her because they were all huge Britney fans.
24. Britney only ever requested two things while on set: tuna Lunchables and edamame.
25. And she went to buy her own Starbucks coffee before filming every day because she liked the freedom of being able to order her own drink.
26. The movie was filmed in Louisiana, close to Britney's hometown.
27. The film features Bowling For Soup, who also belonged to Jive Records.
28. But the band never actually met Britney. They were only on set for two days: On the first day they were too hungover, and on the second day Britney was away.
29. There is a scene in the film where the lead characters dance to "Crazy Love" by BoomK.A.T., Taryn Manning (who plays Mimmi) and her brother's band. Manning is now in Orange is the New Black.
30. Britney Spears, Zoe Saldana, and Taryn Manning became incredibly close throughout filming.
31. In 2014 Zoe Saldana defended Britney's use of auto-tone on Watch What Happens Live and said that Britney was "the one big, big celebrity that I met when I was starting to work in Hollywood who literally was humble."
32. Britney thanked her by tweeting "Truly the sweetest, thx 4 the kind words. Nothing but great memories of working w u. Crossroads pt 2? ;)"
Photo from yesterday when they landed.